W231N1600 Corporate Ct
Waukesha, WI, 53186
Join us to celebrate small business success in Wisconsin on May 10, 2019 in the culmination event of National Small Business Week. This event includes coffee, breakfast, a keynote speaker, and the awards ceremony. And after the awards ceremony, join us for a workshop covering topics such as workforce, digital marketing and financing. Details on our keynote and workshops are below.
Our 2019 Keynote Speaker:
Marie Moody, Stella & Chewy’s
Marie Moody established Stella & Chewy’s in 2003, combining her passion for animals with her entrepreneurial spirit, and recognizing an underserved market within the large and growing pet food industry. Moody created a family of distinctive pet foods and named the company after her own two pets adopted from animal rescue shelters. Today she leads Stella & Chewy’s, a Wisconsin-based, multimillion dollar business which has become one of the fastest growing privately-held companies in the nation with products sold in over 5,000 stores.
Marie, President and Founder of Stella & Chewy's, will share the intriguing story of how an SBA loan helped her company and her plans for continued growth.
- Workforce Recruiting Issues – Solutions for Wisconsin Companies
- How can businesses deal with the workforce issues we are facing in our state? Join us for a panel discussion where we will be sharing current research on Wisconsin workplace issues and hear potential strategies for hiring and retaining employees in today's competitive environment from our panel of experts.
- Marketing in a Digital World – How Secure are You?
- What do you really know about the security of your business's website, ecommerce data and social media connections? Learn what you need to be aware of from one of the FBI's leading Cyber-Security experts.
- Pathways to Financing Your Small Business
- Fueling your business financial needs. Tips on where to find capital throughout the life of your business. Our panel of experts will offer up tips on obtaining bank, venture capital and alternative financing in our current economic environment.
Our winners this year are:
- Small Business Person of the Year: Stacy Tuschl, The Academy of Performing Arts in Oak Creek and Franklin - nominated by Ina Buchanan, US Bank
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Award – Manufacturing: Bridgette Lorrigan-Schuh, Alyssa Hopfensperger & Travis Schmuhl, Oshkosh Defense, LLC
- Region V Small Business Subcontractor of the Year: David Reiter, A to Z Machine Company, Inc.
- Small Business Exporter of the Year: Doug Buch, PaveDrain LLC - nominated by Wendy Sowinski, Ixonia Bank
- 8(a) Graduate of the Year: Manisha Dotson, Nisha Group LLC
- Small Business Development Center Excellence & Innovation Award: Danielle Campeau, Katherine Fossler & Julie Fronmueller, Small Business Development Center, UW River Falls - nominated by Bon Wikenheiser, Wisconsin SBDC
- Women's Business Center of Excellence: Karman Briggs, Western Wisconsin Women's Business Center - nominated by Amber Miller, Heather Lux, Andrea Hughes, Alyse Rust, Julann Jatczak & Wendy Baumann, WWBIC
- Young Entrepreneur: Ben Caya, Spike Brewing LLC - nominated by Tom Pasche, Ixonia Bank
- Jeffrey Butland Family Owned Small Business: Ruth & Matthew Johnston, Croix Gear and Machining - nominated by April Nelson, WBD
- Emerging Small Business: Nicole Centeno, K9 Kibble LLC - nominated by Heather Lux, WWBIC
- Financial Services Champion: Joanne Freitag, Parrish & Freitag, Ltd - nominated by Heather Lux, WWBIC
- Minority Small Business Champion: Jessica Cavazos, Latino Chamber of Commerce of Dane County - nominated by Jorge Antezana, Latino Chamber of Commerce of Dane County
- Veterans Small Business Champion: Curtis Schmitt, Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce - nominated by Saul Newton, Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce
- Women in Business Champion: Laura Gallagher, The Creative Company - nominated by Julie Spitzack, Summit Credit Union
- Small Business Legal Assistance: Kristen Roeper, Godfrey and Kahn, S.C. - nominated by Mike Hetzel, WWBIC
- SCORE Mentor of the Year: Joan Burke, SCORE SE Wisconsin - nominated by Jim Injeski, SCORE SE Wisconsin
And congratulations to all the nominees: Kristine Ruehl, Ruehl Enterprises LLC, d/b/a Hotel Stebbins - nominated by Nate Kok, Hometown Bank; Adam York, Equips LLC - nominated by Jenn Rose, Equips LLC; Matt Ziegler, ZMAC Transportation Solutions - nominated by Carolyn Engel, Business Lending Partners; Dustin Herte, Blue Line Battery, Inc. - nominated by Earl Hymphrey, SCORE SE Wisconsin; Eric Olesen, O&H Danish Bakery - nominated by Thomas Van Ghent, Business Lending Partners; Dr. Moe Mukiibi, Hensley Foster & Anne Marie Wick, Stonehouse Water Technologies - nominated by Jim Rosetti, SCORE SE Wisconsin; Amanda Nowak, The Simple Home LLC - nominated by David Smulyan, WWBIC; Arlene Bollig, Comienzos Fomentando Empresas Latinas - nominated by Julann Jutscack, WWBIC